SM Prime Holdings, Inc. (SMPH) is one of the largest integrated property developers in Southeast Asia that offers innovative and sustainable lifestyle cities with the development of malls, residences, offices, hotels and convention centers. SM Prime Holdings, Inc. was incorporated in the Philippines in 1994.
Explore our history through this timeline
SM’s first mall, SM North EDSA, is opened at a time when the country was in a state of political and economic turbulence.
The opening of SM Megamall spearheaded what is now known as the malling phenomenon in the Philippines.
SM City Cebu is the 1st Provincial Mall launched in the Visayas region.
SM Prime was incorporated in January as a mall operator; subsequently, went public in July of the same year.
SM Southmall is the 5th mall opened and is the 1st mall in the South of Metro Manila. It featured Storyland, the 1st indoor themepark
SM City Pampanga is the 10th mall opened by SM Prime and is the 1st mall in Central Luzon.
- SM City Xiamen is the 1st SM mall in China.
- SM City Davao is the 1st mall that was opened in Mindanao Region.
- Highlands Prime, Inc. (HPI) launched Woodridge Place, its 1st Leisure Residences in Tagaytay Highlands.
- SM Prime won 1st Place – Best in Corporate Governance in the Asset Awards.
- SM Hotels and Convention Centers (SMHCC) re-opened Taal Vista Hotel in Tagaytay.
- SM City Baguio is the 1st mall opened in Northern Luzon.
HPI launched The Horizon, its 1st condominium project in Tagaytay Midlands.
- SM Mall of Asia is the anchor development in the 60-hectare reclaimed property popularly known as Mall of Asia Complex.
- Mezza Residences is the 1st high-rise condominium project of SM Development Corporation (SMDC).
SM Prime acquired three malls in China, namely, SM City Xiamen, SM City Jinjiang, and, SM City Chengdu.
Costa del Hamilo, Inc. (CDHI) launched Pico de Loro, a 50-hectare residential resort village in Nasugbu, Batangas.
- SMDC launched Wind Residences, its 1st condominium project in Tagaytay.
- Mall of Asia Arena, an indoor arena which can accommodate a seating capacity of 15,000, with a full-house capacity of 20,000, is part of the Lifestyle City development in Mall of Asia Complex.
SMHCC opened Radisson Blu Cebu, a 5-star hotel which is a few minutes away from the Mactan Channel.
Pico Sands Hotel, a seven storey, 154- room hotel, located in Pico de Loro Cove, was launched by SMHCC in 2011.
- The Commercial Property Group (CPG) launched the TwoE-com Center, a PEZA-certified office building in Mall of Asia Complex.
- SMHCC launched Park Inn Radisson Davao in 2012. It is conveniently connected to SM Lanang Premier Mall and the SMX Convention Center in Davao.
SM merged and consolidated its property assets under SM Prime, creating an integrated property developer with interests in malls, residences, offices, hotels and convention centers.
- SM Seaside City Cebu is the anchor development in a 30-hectare reclaimed land in the South Reclamation Project.
- In order to address the growing demand for office space, CPG launched the FiveE-com Center in 2015.
Cheer Residences, the 1st condominium project in Marilao, Bulacan, was launched by SMDC in 2016.
SM Prime became the 1st Philippine publicly listed company to breach the PHP1 Trillion Market Value.
CPG launched ThreeE-com Center, its 1st certified LEED Gold office building in the Mall of Asia Complex.
SM Prime celebrated its 25th year anniversary as a listed company. The Management commemorated its listing anniversary with a ceremonial ringing of the bell at the Philippine Stock Exchange.